Why do I have to fill a form?
Many companies ask interested candidates to fill customized forms instead of asking for their Resume. These forms are generally an amalgam of some basic information, some data that is already present in your CV, and some specific HR questions which require special answers. Candidates need to fill these forms with utmost care and attention as short listing for 1st round is done on the basis of these only.
Some of the HR questions which are asked in such forms are as follows:
- Describe your understanding of the market in which XYZ Company operates.
- Give details of any extra-curricular activities and interests. Indicate the level to which each has been pursued and what you have gained from them.
- Give details of any work experience you have, indicating whether full-time, part-time, summer work, volunteer work, etc.
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievements to date beyond your academic record?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Specify reasons for choosing the particular major course?
- How do you think you will be able to meet your career aspirations working in our company?
- How do you think you can constructively contribute to the Firm?
- Where do you see yourself three years from now?
- Describe a time when you worked as part of a team. What was your contribution to the team environment?
- Briefly outline your reasons to apply to XYZ Company and for your choice of career.
- Please give a description of your involvement in extra-curricular/leadership/community service activities while at school and/or college.
These questions poke around your personality and the company tries to divulge more information about you by assessing how you answer them and what your thought process is.
Download (.docx) (.pdf)